Audio Teknik is now expanding our range of top quality services to include the preparation of your documentsfor presentation to the CRTC (Canadian Radio Television and Telecommunications Commission). Our team of experts will bring all their professional know-how and experience to the table to serve you in the following tasks:
MODIFICATION OF LICENCE PROVISIONS
TRANSFER TO DIGITAL STATUS
RELOCATION OF ANTENNA
NEW LICENCE FOR RADIO BROADCASTING
Audio Teknik can:
- Take care of the preparation of your files to be forwarded to the CRTC
- Assist you in this process.
We can, in fact, prepare for you or provide help in your preparation of all the documents related to your project to modify your broadcasting licence or submit, on your behalf, a new licence request before the CRTC.
We’ll work together with you on all the necessary steps for bringing your project to fruition: Our experts can also take charge for you of all the phases leading to the decision expected from both the CRTC and Industry Canada, among others:
- Production of the technical brief (by our engineering associate).
- Production of comparative and contour maps (coverage area, both current and proposed, if required).
- Coordination of the work with Industry Canada according to the department’s Broadcasting Procedures and Rules.
- Project summary using the form: Application for technical amendment to the broadcasting licence of a business radio, including the following appendices:
- Brief (Appendix 1; explanatory notes),
- Summary of the technical facets of the project,
- Document establishing the availability and the technical suitability of the proposed transmitter site,
- Budget preparation and breakdown for capital assets and operations,
- Acquisition of the document specifying the availability of funds required from financial institutions,
- Carrying out of a detailed marketing study (if the proposed change involves an increase in coverage area), including the effects and impacts expected on the regional radio market concerned.
- Responses to written questions from the CRTC on any aspect of the request, during its review within the organization.
- Responses to the comments received from competitors in the course of the project.
- Monitoring, on your behalf, of the project schedule in relation to the CRTC and Industry Canada.
- Coordination of on-air broadcast of the official CRTC decision, broadcast report to the CRTC, case follow-up on the CRTC Website, etc.
- Presentation assistance during a public hearing (if applicable).
- Technical installation check of the transmitter in accordance with the CRTC decision.
- Supervision of broadcast technical trials in accordance with the requirements of Industry Canada.
- Follow-up for the securing of a Certificate of Broadcasting from Industry Canada.
- Drafting of the annual financial report for the CRTC for purposes of licence fee calculation.
Audio Teknik can also take charge of the following activities:
- Electronic transmission, on your behalf, of documents to the CRTC: E-PASS,
- Coordination of support requests for the project from influential representatives of the community concerned,
- Follow-up with the CRTC in the capacity of resource person designated in the project.